Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where am I headed??

This past semester I was able to take a French composition class, from a Mr. LeBras. He is a Frenchman from Rennes, in Bretagne. He also just so happens to be the Study Abroad/ French Internship coordinator for BYU. It didnt take too long for me to ask about the what possibilities were out there. So i found out about an organization called "Les Petits Freres des Pauvres." This is an organization that works closely with the senior citizens of its city. Well needless to say, I applied and....I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED! I will be working for the branch in MARSEILLE FRANCE!!! Which just so happens to be the city of France that my parents live in! So I will be able to see them often enough!
So while working with Les Petits Freres des Pauvres, I will be spending my days traveling from one house to another, giving the senior citizens someone to talk to, because many of them don't have the opportunity to have too many visitors. It's Kinda a sweet gig! the internship will pay for my transportation, my Apartment, and my food! the Internship also splits the city up into sectors for us to work in and I have been assigned to Centre Ville! AWESOME!!! In addition to working, I will also be enrolled in BYU classes. So I will be receiving Credits at the same time! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! My internship will start on June 28th, and will go until August 16th. but seeing as it is legal to be in the European Union for up to 90 days without a visa, I decided to take advantage of the situation. :) So I will be leaving on May 14th from SLC and I will arrive in Brussels on the 15th. Then I will spend twoish weeks in Belgium, visiting old friends from the mission!! I AM SOOO DANG HAPPY!!! Following my Belgian excision, I will head down to Marseille on a train. :) I am REALLY excited for that train ride! I love sitting on the train and looking at the countryside! SOOO BEAUTIFUL! Especially because this will be some sites iv never seen! I cannot wait for this next page of my life to tern! :) SOOOO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I sure hope you will be blogging this adventure!

Jeannine said...

We are excited for you to be part of our young adult program. We also can not wait to show you some of the exciting sights of southern France!