Thursday, May 17, 2012

Waterloo, Belgium

FINALLY!! It has been a LOOOONG time since I have wanted to come to Waterloo! Here is why... On my mission I had two opportunities to go to Waterloo...both times my ENTIRE district went and both times my companion didn't really want to go....so both times I was left behind....they brought me back a beer bottle opener with "I love Belgium" written on it....HAHAHA! so that's my experience with Waterloo...so NOW I have been for myself and it was lots of fun!
I learned a lot and actually it went along with what I learned in my French Civilization class, which was kinda fun! So yeah we were able to climb the hill and see the lion. The lion is actually made of melted down cannons and guns from the war and the lion now faces France staring them down as a warning.haha cool huh!? we also were able to visit a small wax museum. PLUS it didn't rain today! so there ya go! a great DAY!

2 comments:

RichRutman said...

man i love history

Jeannine said...

so cool Jared..glad you're having fun!